1. When was the lump first noticed?
2. What made the patient notice the lump?
3. What are the symptoms of the lump?
4. Has the lump changed since it was first noticed?
5. Does the lump eber disappear?
6. Has the patient ever had any other lumps?
7. What does the patient think caused the lump?
1. Local examination
- fluid thrill
- relations to surroundings structures - mobility/fixity
- regional lymph glands
- state oflocal tissues
- bones and joints
*words in red = vascular
resource: BROWSE's introduction to The Symptoms and Signs of Surgical Disease
page 29, 30