Friday, December 16, 2011

Introducing books for Pediatrics Posting:

    

A must have for those who are doing pediatric posting in Malaysia Governement Hospital. Basically it is a book of guidelines mostly on management for the governement hospitals all over Malaysia. And doing pediatric posting in CUCMS, the lecturers expect us to know some outlines of management for our case presentation or case write up. Hence, this book is really helpful. Unfortunately you can't buy this book from Kamal Bookstore. You can download the pdf file here.




In A Page Pediatrics
     I found out this book, at the 7th week posting. It was late but then I can tell you, this book is really wrth buying. For the clinical exam preparation, I read this book plus the Pediatric Protocol, the green book that I introduced above. I will share more about my preparation for my exam in the Pediatric Posting sharing. Of course not all the information was available in this book but then this book comprise of most of the common cases and for every diseases, it has the epidemiology, signs and symptoms, differential diagnosis, lab investigations, management and also the prognosis. I really make full use of this book. Whenever I found any additional information in Nelson or Essential Pediatrics by OP Ghai, I will write it in this book. For me, this is also a must have.


Illustrated Textbook of Paediatrics
      I bought this book. People call it SUNFLOWER. I like the classification for hematological disorders in children, meningitis, the pictures of types of rashes, neonatal jaundice, nutrition and normal development for children in this book. :) Dr. Rosman love to use this book!

Nelson Essential of Pediatrics

GHAI Essential Pediatrics
     I suggested that you can borrow this two books from the library. That is what I did. Nelson is good but it is really thick. So as Dr. Azlina suggested to us, read only the points in the table form. Those are all the important points. Seriously, I love to read tables in Nelson as compared to Ghai Essential Pediatrics. It helps! It is really informative!


      If Dr. Rosman will suggest you the Illustrated Textbook for Pediatrics, Dr. Azlina will prefer you to use Ghai Essential Pediatrics. However, up to you which want you prefer! As for me, I love the In A Page Pediatrics, the green Protocol plus reading up the tabulated points form in Nelson. :D By the way, Ghai Essential Pediatrics is the only textbook that has some explainations on dengue hemorrhagic fever. :)


*p/s. if you found any broken links, please kindly email me at evelyn6757@gmail.com to request the ebooks or the pdf. files. :) Hope this piece of information helps!

No comments: