Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fasting

I have been with my new groups for two weeks already and we get to know each and everyone of us more and more as times go by. I have a chance to break the fast with my groupmates. It is super awesome especially when I was fasting on Monday. After class, I stayed back and I have an opportunity to study with my groupmates in campus. Normally I will straight away going back to home after the class and at home, normally I will take a nap. However, on my first day fasting, I felt like I can perform better as in I did not felt tired in the evening. In fact, I still have energy to stay awake to do my SCTL and attend a meeting. My groupmates especially Atikah is so lovely that she had a count down for me on how many hours left to break the fast. Besides, I keep motivating myself that "Evelyn, I can do it". I really enjoyed the moment I break the fast with my friends. Besides, through fasting, I appreciate the food more. In Christian perspective, mentioned in Bible, Luke 4.4: "And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." For the next week, I will try my best to fast again.

No comments: