Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Revise my "niat"

This afternoon, as usual, I was in my grandfather's office when suddenly a phone rang and there is no one else in the office. So I picked up the phone. Someone (a businessman) was looking for my mum, but she is busy outside in the store I guess, and suddenly he (the one who is speaking to me on the phone) asked, "Is this her daughter?"

"Yes." I answered.

"How come you are in Sibu? Holidays?"

"Yes."

"When will you graduate? Faster graduate .."

I said.. "another 4 more years."

"How come you still need so long? I thought u were in West Malaysia since long ago."

"Erm.. I have my secondary school in Penang, and now I was in one of the Uni in Cyberjaya there..."

That's a short conversation this afternoon. At last my mum did explained to that uncle about my situation and telling him that I am taking medicine, only then he understood why it took so long for me to complete my degree.. My mum told me that he actually asked me to graduate faster and come back to help my mum as he thought that I am taking the degree for business (^_^")

Actually I was so used to people asking me that, "how come u have been in West Malaysia for so long???" Hm... and I will repeat the same thing everytime :)

There was some times, perhaps many times that I was so down and tired of my life (normally a day before my final exam..hehe.. bcoz there'll be so many things I have to study). I will think that "Why am I getting myself into all this thing? Why am I not getting myself into business world? Evelyn, you want to become a doctor? Are you mad? Being a medical student, it's not easy! Ur parents have to pay a sum of money and you, yourself have to work hard.

However, thanks to Dr. Hazian! She used to told us, "Being a medical student it is normal when u think in that way. Always revise ur 'NIAT' ".. She repeated this in our first few classes.

Yeah, revising my "niat" again...Why I want to become a doctor ??
a) I felt uncomfortable or restless when someone felt sick in front of me.. I felt so helpless. I HOPE that I can do something for them (in future - my patients) :) And I want to treat them as my FAMILY, treat them with LOVE.

b) I have a dream (not prepare yet to tell the public). To achieve my dream, it would be easier if I have a profession first especially, if I am a doctor.

c) A way to help others, as there is a saying in chinese idioms which sounds : "助人为快乐之本", meaning that helping others is one of the happiness. I am not saying that u can't help people by being a teacher, an engineer, a lawyer or other profession, just that I chose this! I chose to help others by having my profession as a doctor..

I did kept a folder in my laptop, a folder full of some nice, encouraging songs, mostly hymns. The folder entitled "revise my niat" ;) Every time after I revise my niat, I will become better and I know, I am happy and thankful with everything that I had with me now. God will lead me! Moreover, I still have a very supportive family and friends around me. I enjoyed, though it's a bit busy being in 2nd year.

Lastly, hopefully all my "niat"(s) find the favour in His eyes...amen..

4 comments:

jOhnNy said...

Hey...there are three university in Cyberjaya, which one is yours??

Evie Evelyn said...

Johnny, don't u know that I am now studying in the most famous Uni in cyberjaya!! ;)

jOhnNy said...

Woah! i am studying in the most most most popular Uni in Cyberjaya too! Hello collegemate! haha..

Evie Evelyn said...

yeah.. collegemate or a.k.a fresh UNDERGRADUATE! haha =D