Sunday, May 9, 2010

A gift for a friend, or a heart to worship?

This morning I was late for the church service. Dr. Lee and Lilian they all departed to the church first. Then, my friend agreed to bring me there but my friend will only arrive here in 8.20a.m. The Sunday service started at 8.00a.m. For me, the purpose for me to go to the church is not only to listen to the sermon but I wanted to praise and worship the greatness of God as well. Actually I was damn tired already because I have been really busy with the orientation for the past few days. The purpose I wanted to went to the church with Dr. Lee they all because I wanted to get a birthday gift for a friend of mine. However, after a long thought, I decided not to go because I will definitely missed the praise and worship time which I don't like.

Unfortunately, the van which suppossed to come and fetch us lost somewhere and we reached the church almost half an hour late. During the journey, I was thinking, after all, things went on the same if I went to the Sunday service at first session, for both, I will be late. However, there is something different: I determined to go to the first session although I will be late because I wanted to go to Jusco to get a gift for my friend, which at last I chose not to because my purpose is been out of the path, whereby in doing that, I am actually priortizing my friend, rather than God. However, really thanks God that I was going for the second session's Sunday service, though I was late, but the heart to worship God is there. I am preparing my heart to the church.

I realized one thing, which is that "what God value most is what is in our heart", not by our action, maybe some people might think that going to church is necessary but many failed to realize that our sincerity is even more important. :)

No comments: