Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Those who hold their tongue are WISE!

People will easily blurt out rude words when they are angry or mad at something. I am not saying that all of us, but at least there are some of us who act like that. Now in the era of modernization, we have Facebook, twitter, myspace and with the aid of iPhone and iPad plus WiFi is available everywhere, it is so easily for us to post anything on the Internet (so called world without borders). It's just on our fingertips!

I realized, some people like to post their anger on the Internet, especially in the Facebook. I was wondering, what is their purpose? Is it that they want their enemy to know what they are thinking? Everyone have their own perspective so for me that is ok because I do not deny that sometimes we will feel better after we blurt out everything in public. However, what I matter most is the wordings you are using when you simply post out your anger on the Facebook with rude words. For me that reflect what type of person you are. What is making me more heart-breaking is that when the people I knew is a Christian. It really give a very bad impression to others especially to the non-Christian.

What did the bible say about this? "When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise." (proverbs 10:19, NIV)

Just a short sharing of mine, do you wan to listen to a story? ;)

There are many times, when I was angry, I felt like I want to go in front of that particular person who made me angry and explode in front of him or she. Or, I will want to curse or just send a very rude message to that person! However, I will try my very best to cool down for a while and really try hard to hold my tongue so that I won't explode. I am not 100% successful all the time but seriously I tell you, I am trying my best, with the help of God and yes, I did improve a lot. My conflict will end up by a peaceful confrontation and this always lead to a happy ending. Many times, it was just a misunderstanding between friends! How precious is a friendship for me, and how wonderful it is for me to save a friendship from the misunderstandings.

Even when I am angry and want to blurt it out in the Facebook, I always write it in a good and polite way which others may think it was just another wall post from Evelyn. Hence, I can be more comfortable after writing out something whereby at the same time others might not notice that I was in anger. It was a happy ending!

Actually my idea of writing this is when I saw someone which I assumed she is highly educated in religion wrote some silly stuff on her Facebook. I am not here to critics others, but to learn from the lessons and have a reflection on myself. :)

No comments: