Friday, October 15, 2010

Kenya, Africa =)

This post was written, specially for my dear friend, :) Zhong Xi(nurse-to-be in future)!

When I was around 14, maybe, I watch a HongKong drama entitled "天涯侠医" (The Last Breakthrough). It was about some doctors and nurses who went to Kenya and helped the people that. For me, it was a very meaningful drama. It stimulates me to want to become a doctor when I grew up. I felt like they are so awesome and brave, going far away to reach the unreached people. Although it is just a movie, nowadays, there are actually people who walk into that journey, going far away for the purpose to spread the gospel. They are missionaries.

Once upon a time, I wish to become a good doctor and go to Kenya and helped the people there and bla bla bla.. But then... My friend, Zhong Xi sensed something here. She asked me, why "but then"? She also asked, "so now wats your priority feelings??"

I know, Christians shouldn't go by feelings, But right now I do not feel like I am going to be so noble to..."become a good doctor and go to Kenya and helped the people there and bla bla bla..". I am afraid I might stop at the phase - becoming a doctor and that's it. Even can I finish this course also I am not sure. Coz things getting more and more difficult in 2nd year.

Secondly, now I thought of going somewhere else, perhaps Israel? Haha.. I am not sure yet. I am so afraid that I will dream big and want to do a lots of things, but when I really have a job later on, I might be wanting a comfortable life and all the worldly things. Reminder for myself,"Do not worry for tomorrow!" God will guide and lead. So, just pray that my "burning flame" to help others will not become dim and blow out at last.

Just want to let u know, Zhong Xi, I am really really glad to meet a friend like you, who has the same vision as me. I guess deep inside ur heart, or I will say that deep inside everyone of urs, who read this short sharing, u guys have a heart to help others so desperately, the passion to care. Just hold on, keep reminding ourself with what Mother Theressa said, "For the hunger of love is worst than the hunger of bread."

So dear friends, it is good for us to have a vision - dream as big as you can (to change the world), but take a small step at a time. E.g.: If u dream to see the peace in the world, first make sure there is peace in ur environment. If you dream to reach the unreached people, first make sure you learn how to care first people around you, coz u can't help the people in need if u don't know what is love! For our case now, there's still a long journey. ask the strength from God, for we are weak but God is strong. Seek the help from Him the Al-Mighty, keep praying that we may not walk out of the path that He plan for US =)

And then, when u reach the land, there, ur mission starts... That's all, what I said may be not 100% correct, forgive me if I am wrong..

In facebook:
Zhong Xi said :
"let's go together"
Lily said :
"as a missionary"

Glad to see that. yeah..! "let's go together" "as a missionary"!! one day..
Zhong Xi, see u there ya! deal..

With luv,
Evelyn :)

3 comments:

Christeena said...

^^ hmm kinda shocked??
take me a few mins to think wat to write.
eve, i have the same feelings. i mean the "but then" part. I keep on fighting those temptation. sometimes i think maybe life will get easier if i just graduate and then find a job then just like that forever. so kinda have to be strong. and after hearing one of my child-fren died made me think more. I mean luckily she is a christian. wat if she is not.

Lastly, just want to say to you.
If you can Dream it, you can Do it.
+ U.

Christeena said...

oh and im really glad to meet you too.
and now im kinda freak out of the deal. lol. ok. If God's willing.
One small step at a time.

Evie Evelyn said...

for the time being, do not think too much and dun freak out also .. 有负担是好事,只要在日常生活里,每做的事都有敬拜和荣耀主,就没有遗憾了=)感谢主,她接受了主^^ 神会带领我们的:)