Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The voyage of the Dawn Treader

After going to pc Fair this morning, my friends and I went to Times Square.. watching The Voyage of The Dawn Treader, the fifth book written by C.S. Lewis, a christian author. It is so amazing, I always love when it comes to the part that Aslan appears and helps :) And this time, the best part is when theyir ship went to an island whereby there will need to overcome their "evil thoughts from the past."

In the mansion, Lucy met an old man and his advice for them before they leave the island of Dufflepuds was, "To defeat the darkness, u must defeat the darkness inside you." This advice is really suitable for me, my current situation. When I saw they are tempted by their "past experience" (that is when they reached the dark island), I saw myself actually.. ehem... that was not the main point here (^_^")

Another interesting quotes I got from the movie is from Reepicheep. I am not very sure, but he said something like this, "I am willing to put down my sword, for my joy is to see your kingdom." And so, Reepicheep throws his sword away and paddles his coracle to Aslan's Country. I hope to put down my sword too.. hm..


And in this story, most of it talk about courage! :)

For more references, visit this :
How to relate? : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080601110640AAI2Kp0

additional info: http://www.thenarniaacademy.org/article_aslanasjesus.htm

Christian themes in "The voyage of the Dawn Treader" : http://www.gotquestions.org/Narnia_Voyage-Dawn-Treader.html

I love the story because of the way the author write it more or less similar to the Christianity. Well, some may not agree with me but the story was good although the 3D effects weren't that much. Oh ya, I watched 3D version this afternoon. :)

The first book told u how the magic cupboard came from. A "must read" book :)
The second book is fun, lots more better than the movie. This is "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."
The fourth book, Prince Caspian, no comments..
The fifth book is boring..quite dragging a bit in the part when they landed at the island of Dufflepuds. I slept so many times while reading. The movie is far more better. This is "The voyage of the Dawn Treader". Movie released on 9th December :)

I, myself not yet finish reading all the 7 books. :) Anyone interested to read the 7 series of the chronicles of narnia, kindly contact me, I can borrow u my books. My best friend bought the whole set for me on my 18th birthday :)

Next holidays, I will read on "The silver Chair." :)

No comments: